Goods: The Importation of Which is Absolutely Prohibited
- Air Pistols
- Airmail Photographic Printing Paper.
- All counterfeit/pirated materials or articles including Base or Counterfeit Coin of any Country.
- Beads composed of inflammable celluloid or other similar substances.
- Blank invoices.
- Coupons for Foreign Football pools or other betting arrangements.
- Exhausted tea or tea mixed with other substances. For the purposes of
this item, "exhausted tea" means any tea which has been deprived of
its proper quality, strength, or virtue by steeping, infusion, decoction
or other means.
- Implements appertaining to the reloading of cartridges.
- Indecent or obscene prints, painting, books, cards, engraving or any
indecent or obscene articles.
- Matches made with white phosphorous.
- Materials of any description with a design which, considering the
purpose for which any such material is intended to be used, is likely in -
the opinion of the president to create a breach of the peace or to
offend the religious views of any class of persons in Nigeria.
- Meat, Vegetables or other provisions declared by a health officer to be
unfit for human consumption.
- Piece goods and all other textiles including wearing apparel, hardware
of all kinds' crockery and china or earthenware goods bearing
inscriptions (whether in Roman or Arabic characters) from the Koran
or from the traditions and commentaries on the Koran.
- Pistols disguised in any form.
- Second-hand clothing.
- Silver or metal alloy coins not being legal tender in Nigeria.
- Nuclear Industrial waste and other Toxic waste
- Spirits: -
- Other than -
- Alcoholic bitters, liqueurs, cordials and mixtures
admitted as such in his discretion by the
Comptroller-General and which are not deemed to
be injurious spirits within the meaning of any
enactment or law relating to liquor or liquor
- Brandy, i.e. a Spirit Distilled in Grape-growing countries from
fermented grape juice and from no other
materials and Stored in wood for a period of three years;
- Drugs and medicinal spirits admitted as such in his
discretion by the Comptroller-General.
- Gin, i.e. Spirit- Produced by distillation from a mixed mash
of cereal grains only saccharified by the diastase of malt and the Flavoured by redistillation
with juniper berries and other vegetable ingredients and of a brand which has been notified as an approved brand by
notice in the Gazette and in containers labeled with the name and address of the owner of the brand; or
Produced by distillation at least three times
in a pot-still from mixed mash or barley, rye and maize saccharified by diastase of malt -
and then rectified by re-distillation in a potstill after the addition of juniper berries and
other vegetable materials.
- Methylated or denatured spirit, i.e. - Mineralized Methylated spirit mixed as follows: - To every ninety parts by volume
of spirits nine and one-half parts by volume of wood naphtha and one-half of one part by volume of crude pyridine and to every 455 litres of the mixture 1.7 litres of mineral naphtha or petroleum oil and not less than
0.7 grammes by weight of powdered aniline dye (Methyl violet) and so in proportion for any quantity less than 455 litres; and
Industrial Methylated spirit imported under
license from the Comptroller-General and mixed as follows: - To every ninety-five parts by volume of spirits five parts by volume of wood naphtha and also one-half of one part by volume of the mixture; and
Spirits denatured for a particular purpose in
such manner as the Comptroller-General in any special circumstance may permit;
- Perfumed Spirits
- Rum i.e. a Spirit - Distilled direct from sugar-cane products in sugar-cane growing countries; and
Stored in wood for a period of three years.
- Spirits imported for medical or scientific purposes, subject to such conditions as the Comptroller-General may prescribe;
- Spirits totally unfit for use as portable spirits admitted to entry as such in the discretion by the Comptroller-General; and
- Whisky, i.e. a Spirit- Obtained by distillation from a mash or cereal grains saccharified by diastase of malt; and
Stored in wood for a period of three years.
- Containing more than forty-eight and one-half per centum of
pure alcohol by volume except denatured, medicated and
perfumed spirits, and such other spirits which the
Comptroller-General, in his discretion, may allow to be
imported subject to such conditions as he may see fit to
- Weapons of any description which in the opinion of the
Comptroller-General are designed for the discharge of any
noxious liquid, gas or other similar substance and any
ammunition containing or in the opinion of the Comptroller-
General or adapted to contain any noxious liquid, gas or
other similar substances